Lenovo tablets are among the most popular models in the market today. They come with a variety of features, which makes them very desirable to many people. However, there is one downside to this device: it can be locked and you will not be able to access your tablet until you unlock it. There are various methods that you can use in order to unlock Lenovo tablet.
This article will provide you with all the necessary information about how to unlock Lenovo tablet and how these methods work.
Unlock Lenovo Tablet without Password
The average American has 27 online accounts that require passwords – study conducted by Harris Poll study with Google. It makes sometimes hard to manage passwords and people are likely to forget it.
So, if you are one of the Lenovo tablet user trying to unlock it with forgotten password, then below are some ways you can try to get access back to your leneovo tablet.
Unlock Lenovo Tablet without Passcode using Google Account
Recent findings show that over 40% of people use their Google account to store passwords and other small personal information. Hence, if you have access or remember your Google Account information, you can set it up to be your backup key in case you lock your Lenovo tablet.
Below are the steps you need to follow to get into your locked Lenovo tablet using Google Account –
- First, turn on the Lenovo Tablet by pressing the power button.
- Now, enter wrong password multiple times until you get a Forgot Pattern/Password popup.
- Select it and provide your Google Account login information (Email Address and Password).
Done, you should now able to access your Lenovo tablet. This is the safest method to unlock Lenovo tablet without losing your data.
For better security of your data, it is highly recommended to change the password or pattern lock.
Factory Reset without Password
If you don’t use Google Account to log in to your Lenovo tablet and forgot the password, then above method will not work for you. In such case, resetting your device will help you out but it will wipe out all the data from your device.
Below are the steps to factory reset Lenovo tablet without password –
- First, turn off the tablet and make sure that charging cable is not attached to it.
- Now, put your tablet into recovery mode by pressing “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons. If it not works, try pressing “Volume Up” + “Volume Down” + “Power” buttons.
- From the multiple options in the Recovery Mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset“ or “Reset factory” option and press the enter button.
- Factory reset process will automatically start, wait until the resetting process finish.
In a minute, all the data will be removed and settings will be set to default. You should now able to get access your locked Lenovo tablet.
Use Android Toolkit to Unlock Lenovo Tablet without Password
A large number of people around the world are unable to remove their passcodes and unlock screens on their Android devices. It leads to emergence of unlocking tools like Droidkit. It has got some great unlock screen features to bypass several lock types such as, PINs, patterns, FaceID, Fingerprints, biometrics, etc.
Using Droidkit, Lenovo tablet users can unlock it in just few minutes following the below steps –
- Download the Droidkit software on your computer. (Here’s the link.)
- Choose Unlock screen option from the main interface.
- Connect your Lenovo tablet with the PC using USB cable.
- Once the connection established, click the Start button.
- Follow the further on screen instructions to put your tablet into recovery mode. It will take few minutes for the process to complete.
Done, you will get a message “Screen Lock Removal Completed“ on the computer and now your tablet should be unlocked.
Besides Droidkit, there are some other Android Toolkits available you can use to unlock Lenovo tablet, including UnlockGo, PassFab Android Unlocker, dr.fone, etc.
So, this was all about how to unlock Lenovo tablet even if you have forogotten password. To prevent frequent needs of unlocking lenovo laptop, it is advised to save your password somewhere with you from where you can access it easily.
Vishal is a founder of the ElectronicsXpert.com, and loves to play around different electronics gadgets and share his real life experiences on the website to help people make the right choice and buying decision.