Did you know you can connect AirPods to dell laptops by altering the Bluetooth setting? The same can be done when you want to use your AirPods with an HP laptop, Lenovo Laptop, or any Windows PC.
It is true that the wireless earbuds by Apple work best with iPhones, iPad or a Mac, but it can also be used on Android or Other OS devices with proper AirPods Connect settings.
This article will show steps on how to connect AirPod to Any laptop.
Can I Connect Apple Airpods to any Device?
It is possible to use AirPods on various non-Apple products and devices via Bluetooth. You can connect AirPods to Android phones, Laptops, Windows PCs, and even tablets.
As someone who has to attend video calls frequently, I understand the value of knowing shortcuts that quickly connect your device with wireless earbuds. This process becomes even easier with suited laptops for video calls.
Thanks to the Bluetooth technology, you do not need any additional app or internet connection to connect AirPods with any device. You, however, need to ensure that your device has an active 4.0 Bluetooth and that your AirPods are charged.
If you are linking a Mac with AirPod, make sure that the macOS support the version of AirPods.
How to Use Airpods with Mac?
You can connect AirPod to Mac in no time and stream non-stop music, attend calls and watch videos.
Before looking at the steps, you must see if your macOS will support your AirPod.
Use a Mac that has macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later for 2nd Generation AirPods. If you are using Generation 3 AirPods, your Mac must run on macOS Monterey or later.
And for AirPod Pro, you require macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.
How to Connect Airpods to Mac?
- Begin with going to the Apple Menu on your Mac.
- Here select System Preferences and then click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is On.
- Next, keep your AirPods in the charging case. Make sure you keep the lid open.
- On the back of the case is a button; press and hold it till a white status light flashes.
- On the Bluetooth section of your Mac, you will see your AirPod in the list of available devices to connect.
- Select it and hit Connect.
You have successfully connected your Mac and AirPods.
Note: If you already use your AirPods on your iPhone, you can use your Apple Id to link your Mac to the iCloud. Then click on the Bluetooth or volume icon on your Mac menu bar to pair your AirPods with Mac.
How to Connect Airpods with Dell / Lenovo / HP Laptop and Windows PC?
It doesn’t matter what device you use, you can still connect your AirPod to it with a decent Bluetooth connection.
If you are a gamer who streams music while gaming, you will know the frustration of being unable to pair your earbuds to your Laptop. Do not let anything spoil your game.
Below are the steps to connect AirPods to Laptop and Windows PC –
- Keep your AirPods in the case with its lid uncovered.
- Next, you need to press the button on the case to activate the pairing mode.
- Now on your PC/Laptop, look for the Setting menu and select the Devices option. You can use the shortcut Window + I to go to the Devices menu directly.
- The Bluetooth and Other Devices menu will open. Click on the (+) icon to add a new device.
- You will be prompted with three options of Bluetooth, Wireless display or dock, and Everything else.
- Select the Bluetooth option.
- Select your AirPod from the list of available devices to connect them.
You can now enjoy all the music, zoom calls, videos, and audio on your AirPod.
Note: Sometimes, you might hear sound from your computer and AirPod together. You need to alter the Audio Input Setting to solve this issue. Click on the Volume icon on your taskbar, and in the drop-down menu, select the Headphone option.
Can I Connect Airpods with Apple Watch?
You can operate AirPods from your Apple Watch easily by switching on the Bluetooth from Settings.
Below are the steps to pair Apple Watch and AirPods –
- Go to the Setting menu on your Apple Watch, here open the Bluetooth section.
- Press the AirPod case button with the earbuds inside and the lid open.
- Once your device is visible on the Apple Watch Device list, click on it to pair them together.
Wasn’t it as simple as drawing a line?
How to Stop Airpods Automatic Switching?
Imagine you are playing music from your Mac when your phone rings. You let Apple automatically switch your AirPod connection from Mac to your iPhone so that you can answer the call. Nice, isn’t it?
Can AirPod Switch Automatically from One Device to Another?
You can switch devices automatically with AirPods by signing in the devices with the same Apple Id.
It is possible with 2nd and 3rd generation AirPod, and AirPod Pro. You must note that while you are signing in from your Apple Id, you need to complete the two steps of authentication.
If your earbuds keep switching automatically every next moment, it may hinder your workflow and can be irritating.
Here is how to stop AirPods from switching automatically –
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and select the Bluetooth menu.
- You will see your AirPods in the connected device section. Tap on the (i) next to AirPods.
- Click on the Connect to This iPhone option on the drop-down menu.
- Here, instead of Automatically, change the setting to When Last Connected to This iPhone.
Now your Bluetooth will connect to the device it was last connected to instead of switching from device to device.
Why Can’t I Connect Airpods to Laptop?
Any difficulty while pairing AirPod and Laptop or Mac or an Android Phone might be caused by the following reasons –
- Outdated or non-supported Operating Systems or drivers.
- Bluetooth is not switched on.
- Your device is in Airplane mode.
- Uncharged AirPods.
- Pairing mode is off in Airpods.
- Malfunctioning Bluetooth.
You can follow these pointers to resolve any connectivity issues regarding Apple’s Bluetooth earbuds.
Reset Apple Airpods
If none of the tricks help, you can always reset your AirPod to the Factory setting. Here are the steps for resetting your AirPods –
- Go to the settings option on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Head to the Bluetooth menu and click on the (i) icon for more information.
- Click on the Forget This Device and then tap on Confirm.
- Put both AirPods in the case, and with the lid open, press the button on the back for 15 seconds.
- You will notice the indicator light turn amber/ yellow and then white.
- Now try to reconnect them via Bluetooth.
Note: It is always better to contact the experts if you are facings some unusual issue with your device. The Apple Support Desk is responsive and can guide you further.
FAQs on Airpods Pairing
If you are unable to pair your AirPods and HP laptop, it might be due to poor Bluetooth drives or malfunctioning with Apple’s AirPods. Be sure your device is open to connecting via Bluetooth, you can also try resetting your AirPods.
Your AirPods may show ‘Paired but not connected’ due to outdated OS/ Firmware or any other issue with your Bluetooth adapter. It can also be the case that the configuration of your PC is causing a barrier to using your AirPods.
AirPods by Apple do connect to Dell and many other non-Apple Products. However, they work best with Apple devices.
Weren’t the steps to pair AirPods to your PCs or Laptops easy? All you have to do is turn on your Bluetooth and connect the wireless Apple earbuds. Now you can continue your zoom call or music section without any disturbance. Just remember to keep your AirPods charged!